Saturday, December 27, 2008

It's official!!

Signed my UFC contract on December 22nd. I am excited. I am fortunate to have entered the largest organization known in my profession. I've been training for 17 years to get to this point in my life. I started wrestling when I was 13 and finished my wrestling career in 2004. After a few years of teaching and coaching intercollegiate wrestling, I started to train in mixed martial arts in 2007. I've been blessed with talented coaches and wonderful people in my life. They have taught me that with hard work and smart training you can achieve just about anything. I've come to realize that you can do anything that you set your mind to with use of God's strength and Providence. Like the quote suggests, "it takes a village to raise a child," I feel that I've been blessed through and through. Now it is time to represent not only myself, but my family, my friends, the Filipino community/aking kapamilya, MMA, and all who helped me throughout the years. Lastly, but who has the most influence in my life, I thank God. With disciplined training and the support of good people, I continue on this path...

4 comments:

MKenoly said...

Congrats but I still get nervous about you fighting. . . I guess all you have to do is get mad before every match like when you accidently threw your retainer away in the 2nd grade. . .

Anonymous said...

Holy crap thats awesome ! kick some ass in the UFC

War Munoz !

A and A said...

Mark - congrats bro!

Blessed be the LOrd, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle!
Psalm 144

Rejoicing with you.

Kristi Treb said...

Congrats Mark!! May God continually bless you as you glorify His name!! He has great plans for you!!!

Sincerely,
Yuri, Kristi, and the "trebbies"