Sunday, November 16, 2008

Punches, Panda, and Freddie


I sparred at Joker's Wild Fighting Academy and I'm starting to mix my wrestling into my striking more and more. Joker has been helping me put all my skills together and has been showing me what techniques to do at what times. It has increased my awareness in a lot of positions. After Joker and I did technique, Erik Apple strolled through the door and we went about 8 rounds of technique sparring at about 70%. I'm starting to see the times I can shoot off my punches and when to clinch. It is starting to make more sense to me as I spar more and more. The vastness of mixed martial arts never ceases to amaze me. There is so much to learn and when you think you have learned everything in that position another series pops up. I'm having so much fun learning and trying to apply all that I have learned.
I also trained at Wild Card again on Thursday with Panda. He is refining my punching power, rather than just punching with my arms I'm getting my whole body into the punch. I feel that my standup is drastically improving. I know I have a long way to go, but I know that my punches are definitely more powerful. After I was done working out I had the awesome opportunity to talk with Freddie Roach. He is very mild mannered, polite, and considerate. He said that I am welcome anytime I want to train. He also said that he is going to start training Anderson Silva. In my mind I was thinking, "Wow, that would be a wonderful opportunity to get to spar the World's best." Can't wait for the time to come. I'm excited for the future and what it holds. (The above picture is myself with Freddie Roach & Tareq)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your win ! and the best of luck to you on your career in the UFC...no matter what happens rest assured you have many fans out there cheering for you