Sunday, October 19, 2008

Sand Hill and Training with Ryron

Today I woke up at 5:45 threw on some clothes, brushed my teeth, gathered some workout clothes and jetted out the door not knowing how beneficial today was going to be. As I got to my destination which is located at Manhattan Beach, I walked up to a pit filled with sand and as I looked up there was a sand hill approximately 200 yards high. Immediately I thought, "wow, what have I gotten myself into!" Ryron says to me, "run up first or walk up?" Not knowing what kind of workout we were going to do, I responded, "walk up first." As I was walking up my legs began to burn and each step got harder and harder. I stopped for a split second to relieve the burning and Ryron yells, "DON'T STOP!!! You stop in the fight you are going to get beat." So I trudged onward. This workout consisted of not only walking which in itself is a great workout, but we sprinted, lunged, carried each other, and a kill on the hill type exercise. This exercise consisted of hand fighting up with one of us facing the hill and the other with their back facing the hill, the one facing the hill tries to pass as the other tries to prevent the pass. Upon passing you switch and the exercise resumes. This sand hill workout lasted an hour. Immediately after we went back to the Gracie Academy to train jiu jitsu. After rolling for over an hour and a half straight, he taught me all the areas I needed to improve and forced me to figured out positions and how to fight out of them and also how to setup submissions. Today was a very beneficial day. I learned so much and very excited to implement what I learned. Looking forward to training with him tomorrow!!

2 comments:

J-o-s-e-f said...

Your training sounds tough!! Champs train hard and no question you are...

~V~ said...

Yikes! I got tired just reading your post. But I can tell you're loving every minute.